if i had a dollar for every line of gossip girl i predicted last night, id have… six dollars. but still. the episode was good, but not gonna lie, i was expecting a liiiittle bit more. maybe it was just Dan’s incessant babbling about Nate bouncing a soccer ball on his knees that just ruined it for me.
- love the adorable meet n greet with eric and his new “friend” and b / s. totally cheesy, but totally sweet.
- chuck’s silk robe. and those smoldering looks. yum!
- SO meta. kristen bell, thank you for addressing the fact that this completely paralleled cruel intentions, and that that ended with everyone dead.
- Blair’s pronunciation of Ibiza as ibitha. because she would so do that.
- Chuck calling out Nate and Dan’s bromance. What happens in Yale stays in Yale. Poor chace crawford, just cant escape that gayface, can you?
- The old dude in the bar totally impressing Chuckie. Adorable.
- Blair’s total smile when Serena mentioned Chuck (okay, do you notice a pattern here? chuckthis, chuckthat, iheartchuckbass)
- vanessa walks like a man. chuck could do sooo much better. buuuut i do really like him when he’s being a nice guy. which he was. for like five seconds, until queen b texted him. oh who am i kidding, i love that snarl.
- jenny dropped out and suddenly looks SO much older. and hotter. whoa, 15, huh?
- lily looked SO awkward in that red dress. ugh.
- blake lively rocked that blazer. yummy. i wonder if i could pull that off for the CEO’s and office ‘os party this friday.
- chuck didnt even notice blair’s dress!! eeeeeek that’s gotta smart.
- aww nate and dan had their first fight. kiss and make up!
- ouch. so that’s what the wrath of serena looks like. thank god blair got out of the way of that tornado.
- 40 min in and im actually dreading when blair reveals her bet to vanessa. first nate gave her the shaft, then this chuck thing? little joey potter deserves better.
- lily is pretty atrocious. eric is suddenly a sage. gay people rock.
- god the humphrey’s are boring. is your popsicle carbonated? seriousy?!? where’s jenny??
- ahh serena pouring her heart out to dan? cute, except for lonelyboy’s obnoxious know-it-all advice. but i guess it was sort of sweet. esp when he brought nate home.
- chuck delivering the line, “if you thought that was long, wait till you see what [im going to do to you]” = priceless. i swear blair was quivering.
- leighton meester in red lingerie. looking incredibly vulnerable. hell. freaking. yes.
Eight letters, three syllables, say it. OHMYGOD. Game on. it’s about time blair did a little begging herself. i just hope chuck doesnt turn all lonelyboy on us.
next week: jenny, jenny, jenny. ashlee simpson tried that look in the summer of ’04, and god knows all those pieces of her couldnt even make it work. i thought you knew better!!
EDIT: Oh, and for the record, Garrett, I dont care what blair says! tights / leggings are so pants. just ask lilo.